Squeaking in just at the end of 2019, and spearheaded by Joshua Lory, Knott has released an ep of some of the Strung Gurus tracks. This ep contains the 4 tracks that were previously released on various compilations back around 2000, plus two bonus live tracks recorded by the version of the Aunt Bettys that contained some of the members of Strung Gurus. One of the live songs is “Numb,” a re-working of “When She’s Gone” that has never been released in any form.
Check out the EP on BandCamp now. It even got featured on the front page of BandCamp.com!
(no word yet on the All Indie EP II that was said to release before the end of the year)
For those that haven’t heard on Facebook yet, there is some good news about Michael Knott music:
- First of all, the Wakin’ Up the Dead Kickstarter rewards have started shipping. The vinyl turned out very nice.
- Second of all, Knott announced that the nine song All Indie EP II will be out by the end of the year.
- Then Knott posted a video of himself and Rick McDonough recording a new song (possibly called “She’s a Winner”?) that they say will be on a new album they are working on called… Strip Cycle II. Wha?!?!?
- The nearly mythical Bomb Bay Babies Volume 2 miraculously re-surfaced, and the word is that Volumes 1 and 2 have been sent to a label to be remastered and released as a double CD set.
- Joshua Lory is hinting that he is trying to get the Strung Gurus songs that have been released all on to BandCamp, maybe as a complete EP (most songs are there except for one). We can pray that maybe this will encourage Knott to release the rest of the songs?
All this and more pops up as discussions in the Knottheads Facebook Group – of course, nothing is official until actual links to stuff for sale shows up, but if you want the inside scoop… you should join that group. You can even read the details of how the admin of this web site create the art layout for the Wakin’ Up the Dead vinyl. Its an instant cure for insomnia, for sure.